Do you know anything that can help with tendonitis of the wrist?
Tendonitis is a debilitating and painful mucsulo-skeletal condition which is caused by inflammation of the tendon and the connective tissue attaching the muscle to the bone. Tendinitis is usually seen after excessive repetitive movement which causes the tendon to gradually becomes tighter until the fibres start to tear. Recurring strain and trauma to the area may result in chronic inflammation, pain, swelling, stiffness, heat and reduced range of movement.
Lifestyle factors for tendonitis
- Take a warm Epsom salt bath every second day. Use about ½ cup of Epsom salts in your bathwater as these salts are high in minerals, especially Magnesium to help the muscles and nerves around the site of trauma to relax and thereby promote healing to the area
- Applying the first aid RICE treatment – rest, ice, compression and elevation is a proven way to support sports related injuries and increase the healing time
- While the injury is in the acute/ inflamed stage do not over exert the area and cause further micro trauma to the muscle and ligament
Natural remedies for tendonitis
- Anti-inflammatory herbs you may consider using in combination are Boswellia, Ginger, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Eucommia, Acanthopanax, White Willow Bark, Devils Claw, Jamaican Dogwood, Cramp Bark. These herbs are specifically anti-inflammatory but will also help to clear heat causing inflammation, envigorate the blood, provide analgesic effects and relax the muscles surrounding the area
- Fish oil is a potent anti-inflammatory oil to further help reduce inflammation
- Applying warming and anti-inflammatory creams topically and directly to the area will provide you with relief. Tumeric added to coconut oil or herbs such as Arnica, White Willow Bark or MSM
- The Homeopathic remedy Arnica, Rhus Tox or Bryonia may help to reduce stagnation and bruising