What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a traditional medicine discovered by a physician named Samuel Hahnemann. Hahnemann discovered the homeopathic law of "like cures like". Substances that cause specific symptoms in the body can cure these symptoms when taken in a potentised form. Potentisation is the method used to make homeopathic medicines and involves dilution(trituration) and vibration (succusion) of substances to reduce them to a minute, vibrational dose.
Boericke's Homeopathic Materia Medica is a comprehensive compendium that describes the physical, emotional and psychological symptoms caused by many different substances when taken in material doses. After an in depth consultation with a Homeopath a remedy is chosen that most accurately matches the symptoms experienced by the patient to the symptoms that are known to be caused by specific substances.
Homeopathics also come in different potencies and are prescribed according to the emotional and physical aspects of a persons condition.
Although Homeopathy is considered a safe form of medicine it is important to consult with an experienced Homeopath in order to determine the correct remedy and potency for each individual.
Brauer Natural Medicine have an informative article about Homeopathy on their website - http://www.brauer.com.au/natural_medicine.asp?pid=3
What is Homeopathic Lycopodium?
Lycopodium clavatum (Club Moss/ Wolfsclaw) is a herb which is commonly used in Homeopathic medicine. The remedy is extracted from the crushed spores and the medicinal qualities of the herb are inert until it under goes the homeopathic methods of trituration and succussion.
When taken in a Homeopathic form Lycopodium may aid these symptoms:
- Psychological symptoms such as anticipatory anxiety, fears and lack of confidence, low self esteem, nervousness, irritability, impatience, insomnia, headaches
- Physical symptoms such as digestive problems (excessive bloating and gas), indigestion worsened by stress, desire for sweet foods, nausea, vomiting, discomfort, constipation, malnutrition and haemorrhoids
- Immunity complaints - chest infections, dry, sore, tickling cough, sore throat, fatigue
- Pale complexion and a thin appearance
- Right sided complaints
- Poor physical stamina
- Intolerance of cold in any form (temperature, foods, drinks) craves everything warm
- Ailments gradually developing, functional power weakening, with failures of the digestive powers, where the function of the liver is seriously disturbed.
- Mild temperaments of lymphatic constitutions
- Symptoms worse from about 4 to 8 P.M.
- Deep-seated, progressive, chronic diseases
- Lacks vital heat; poor circulation, cold extremities
- Complexion pale, dirty; unhealthy; sallow, with deep furrows
- Catarrh: dry, nose stopped at night, must breathe through the mouth, snuffles.
- A deep-seated, long-acting remedy, and should rarely be repeated after improvement begins
- Amelioration - Warm food and drinks; from uncovering the head; loosening the garments
- Homeopathic Lycopodium is also used topically as an external application on wounds and eczema