I am married and am suffering from chronic male sexual weakness. Can you please tell me the best medicine to help this problem?
Low libido (diminished sex drive) is a complicated and touchy issue for many healthy and strong males. Reduced sexual drive and energy can result in erectile dysfunction, difficulty maintaining an erection, the inability to reach a climax or loss of sensitivity to the sexual organs. Further complications may arise in males who are experiencing sexual problems such as low self esteem, guilt, worry, isolation or nervousness.
Possible reasons for low libido:
- Stress, emotional trauma, neurologic conditions, psychological conditions (worry, guilt)
- Side effect of pharmaceutical medications
- Substance abuse (recreational drugs, alcohol)
- Low energy levels, fatigue
- Poor kidney vitality
- Fitness levels, obesity, weight gain
- Hormone imbalances (androgens, testosterone, prostate health, male menopause)
- Heart disease (vascular diseases, heart attack, stroke)
- Endocrine disorders (diabetes)
- Recent surgery or trauma
Lifestyle factors for low libido
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake
- Manage stress and loose weight if you need to
- Support the health of the kidneys and adrenals. Healthy balanced kidney energy underpins strong sexual vitality. Enhancing Kidney energy may help to improve sexual desire, promote sexual vitality and boost physical performance.
- Acupuncture to invigorate the Qi (energy) to the pelvic area, circulation and reproductive organs
Natural therapies for low libido
- Herbal medicine may be of assistance to some individuals experiencing low sex drive, taking herbs which have an aphrodisiac and circulatory stimulant effect such as Tribulus, Horny Goat Weed, Cnidium, Yohimbe, Curculigo, Ginkgo, Maca and Panax Ginseng
- Homeopathic medications may be of assistance, however it is recommended to make an appointment with a Homeopath who can properly asses your situation and prescribe a remedy to suit your condition and constitution. The following are some general recommendations: Origanum majorana, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Baryta carbonica, Graphites or Cinchona