5 Ways to get more greens in your diet
5 WAYS TO GET MORE GREEN VEGETABLES INTO YOUR DIET
There are many people talking about the importance of increasing your intake of green vegetables in your daily diet. It is recommended that you have between 5-7 servings daily of vegetables (variety of colour) and keeping mindful about your choices is important if you want to alkalise the body and promote cleansing. Green vegetables contain a dense nutrient called Chlorophyll which acts to clean the blood, build blood and reduce the toxic load on the body. No wonder we feel so good when we eat more refreshing greens!
So how do you get more green vegetables into your diet? Here are five simple tips which may help:
1. Include greens for breakfast: a great way to increase serves of green vegetables in your diet is to incorporate them into your breakfast. You can do this by adding some greens to your breakfast omelette or why not try zucchini pancake or eat like the Asians do and add greens to some noodles.
2. Incorporate vegetables in your snacks. Make a snack using celery, cucumber and zucchini sticks with hummus or kale chips. Or make a dip using a base of cashews blended with herbs (suggestions are coriander, basil, parsley) and avocado or steamed broccoli, green beans and/ or zucchini
3. Begin your dinner with an entre salad, you can include spinach, kale, cucumber, green beans and zucchini in your salad.
4. Make half of your plate vegetables as this helps you to increase your vegetable intake and provide a rich nutrient sources of vitamins and minerals
5. Have a green smoothie throughout the day, a quick and beneficial way to add more serves of green vegetables your diet whilst satisfying hunger pains. Add ingredients like cucumber, kale, avocado, apples, celery, broccoli, broccoli sprouts, basil, mint, coriander, parsley or even a greens powder which contains Spirulina and Chlorophyll for extra power pack cleansing action and energy boost