Sally and I went to see Don Tolman talk on the Gold Coast recently. It was great to see Don's passion for good food and natural living. Don is an advocate of the traditional ways to self-care, self-education and taking responsibilty for your own health and well being.
Don's Seven ancient principles of Vitality.
- Sleep - Get enough sleep. Don recommends dividing the day into 3 x 8 hr periods. 8 hours for working at what you love, 8 hours to be spent with family, loved ones and solitude time, 8 hours for lying down and resting.
- Air - fresh air is important for vitality. Don recommends to never sleep in a closed room and say's fans are great for circulating the air and reducing stagnation and fatigue.
- Clean water - the greatest gift of life.
- Sunshine - adequate amounts of sunshine help to prevent depression and improves immunity and metabolism.
- Walking - regular exercise helps prevent cardio vascular disease and improves energy and fitness.
- Wholefoods - Implement healthy and nutritious foods into your diet to ensure health and longevity.
- Non-toxic relationships - Don says if you've been in a toxic relationship for longer than 6 months, then you've got 24 hours to get out of it!